Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What a Summer

This has got to be the oddest, most stressful year I have had yet. Life just seemed to derail and it took a bit to get it back on track.
I am officially divorced. I still can't quite wrap my head around it. It happened so fast. I decided to file in April and we were almost divorced by the 4th of July except for a stupid parenting class we were forced to take. Once we got that out of the way it was over shortly there after.
I normally deal with stress pretty well but I think there was just too much this time. On top of the breakup of a 14 year relationship I had work complications as well. I love what I do, and most of the time I don't find it stressful at all, but the property I was at for six years was sold twice in about eight months. And then they tell me it is up for sale again....
Now do you think I could just get headaches or not be able to sleep or something annoying like that? Of course not. My stress decides to manifest in back issues. I ended up in the ER twice and had weeks where I couldn't hardly move and wasn't supposed to work. Needless to say I started looking for a new job. It happened so fast I wasn't quite ready for it. I applied on a Sat, interviewed on Wed and was offered the job on Thur. Two weeks later I became the GM at a new property.
It's hard to believe but I haven't had a bit of pain since I switched jobs! (I am knocking on wood right now)
The school year has started so now I have to include all of Wyn's activities into the schedule but even then I feel more relaxed and on top of things than I have in months.

No comments: