Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Random Mussings and Bookclub Love

Where has the month gone? I can't believe February is almost over. I was good to myself this year and didn't make any resolutions that I would fail to keep and feel guilty about all year, but the lack of a goal has me floundering so I have decided that 2010 will be the year of the purge. I have become (read probably always was) something of a pack rat and it needs to stop. It's hard when stashing is a common practice among crafters, and add to that the feeling of guilt whenever you toss a school paper or childhood toy. But I am resolved! I will reclaim the house for a useful purpose as opposed to the storage warehouse it seems to have become. Goodwill here I come!

The end of the month is wrapping up quite nicely at least. Our book club, Broom Book and Needle, had it's second meeting on Sunday and I am so loving it! I don't know how many other clubs have four hour long meetings.... It helps, of course, that the members of said club are women (and one lone man) that I love dearly and that they were all humoring me when I first brought the idea to the table. The last two meetings were over The Mists of Avalon, and while I found it hard to stay interested in it for some reason, it was interesting to hear the thoughts of so many others. The next book is Margret Murray's The God of the Witches. I can't wait to hear what will be said.

The month is ending on a huge up note! We leave Friday for Milwaukee to participate in Tribal Union. I get to spend the weekend with some of my favorite people, pick-up new skills and perform with my girls. How much better does it get?

No comments: